Tuesday 26 October 2010

Stairgate

OK OK for just over a year we have been the proud owners of a stair gate. We are not proud to say it but we couldn't stop Indie going up stairs and to top that she had already started to eat the walls so we didn't want the whole house eaten!!

When it was installed a year ago we started it at the top of the stairs but she would just sit there and bark and whine at it for hours and hours so we moved it to the bottom of the stair and so it had stayed.

We had had the occasional break through when she saw her chances and made a run for it or the times we let her but not very often.

But this weekend, after getting Indie in the best routine possible at night. the stair gate was removed, which for my own sake has been a godsend caring anything up and down the stairs was a nightmare iI hated.

So 48 hours in and although a slight nibble on a wall on the stairs (minor damage if you see the bottom of the stairs) she has won puppy of the year in my husbands standards!!  But I just have this feeling tonight, it might be that easy, nothing has been with Indie so surely not this, or has she grown up!!

Can she prove me wrong??

1 comment:

  1. Hi Indie
    I'm Noah I have a blog too.
    http://leuradales.blogspot.com
    We know each other from Planet Airedale.
    Hope you can come by and visit me sometime.

    Noah

    ReplyDelete